Computer forensics is the systematic analysis of computer media using court and industry accepted software and techniques. At GCIS, we believe it is also the fusion of forensic technology and an investigative mindset.
We use this approach on all computer forensic cases to assist the client in forming the appropriate plan of action for their situation. Computer forensics is commonly used on the following case types:
- Theft of intellectual property
- Family law (divorce cases and child custody issues)
- Probate cases (search for assets)
- Violation of non-compete clauses
- Unauthorized use of corporate networks
- Decryption of files