I am David Gallant, President, GCIS. I have over 30 years of investigative experience, including over 23 years dedicated primarily to computer related matters. While serving as a Federal Agent in the US Air Force with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), I was the case agent on numerous significant investigations involving sensitive Air Force assets, and coordinated the initial investigative activity for one of the most successful, multi-agency international computer hacker investigations in history. I retired from the Air Force in 2001 with multiple honors.
Following my retirement, I entered the corporate security world with a startup company and helped build it into an internationally recognized leader in computer forensics, incident response, and incident response training. I was a key contributor to the success of Helix(™), a leading open source incident response software suite.
In February 2009, I created Gallant Computer Investigative Services, (GCIS), LLC, and provide digital forensics, e-discovery services, training, and other computer/legal related services. I am formally trained to analyze and map call tower location data to determine the location of cell phones as they pertain to different legal matters. I have multiple computer forensics certifications and have published numerous articles on computer forensics, e-discovery, and other computer security-related matters.
I have trained hundreds of federal, state and local law enforcement officials, as well as IT security personnel in the proper methodology for securing and analyzing computer evidence. I am frequently sought to speak to attorneys and IT security audiences, and have authored several articles related to computer forensics, E-Discovery, Internet safety, and computer security.
- Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA)
- Cellebrite Certified Operator (CCO)
- AccessData Certified Instructor, July 2010 - Present
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), August 2009 - Present
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), June 2009 - Present
- Qualified Manager/Licensed Private Investigator, Texas Private Security Bureau, May 2008 - Present
- Has Held a Top Secret Security Clearance with Special Access Granted
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations Computer Crime Investigator, June 2000
- Digital Evidence Analysis, AFOSI, May 1999
Formal Investigative Training:
- Criminal Investigations Using Cellular Technologies, ZetX, Inc., November 2017
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations Academy, December 1987
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Seized Computers Evidence Recovery Specialist, February 1995
- Multiple courses sponsored by the Department of Defense, NASA, Department of Justice
- Multiple commercial courses specific to computer forensics software